Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suggested uterus removal surgery due to bulky uterus. Have pain and leg cramps during periods. Do not want uterus removal

I have been told by the doctor that have bulky uterus which has to be removed by the surgery. I used to get pain and leg cramp during my periods. It has been told it can lead to cancer after my MRI test by the doctor. I am 25 year old not married. I will not get to give birth. Please I do not want to remove my uterus. Suggest anything can cure me.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

MRI alone cannot predict possibility of cancer, So I guess you should get a biopsy done. A bulky uterus is not always indication for surgery. Only if there is cancer detected on biopsy then surgery might be indicated.

So consider detailed evaluation before taking any decision.

Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor