Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suggested femilon contraceptive pills. Can I start the tab on the sixth day of period as against day one?

my dr suggested me to use femilon contraceptive tablets to start from the first day of my period but this is my first time as i recently got married. i have not started the tablet as i came to knw about some sideffects of it. today is my sixth day of period, can i start the tablet from today? or should i follow some other method? I am 24 years old.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,
I understand your concern.
You may start it on day 6. The only issue is you will have to use another method like a condom for the first 7 days of pill intake after which it will start protecting.

So go ahead and start it on day 6.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Answered: Tue, 1 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor