Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Suggested cataract operation. Who can I contact for second opinion?

My father has been suggested cataract operation for his eye by an eye doctor in Kandivali, Mumbai. I would like to take a second opinion on the same. Please suggest me a doctor in Mumbai whom I can contact for second opinion. My father is 65 years old so do now want to take chance as he is currently facing problems in seeing. Please advice
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Muditvsharma,
Welcome to HCM.
Please don't worry that he has to undergo a surgery in his eye. With his age and symptoms of blurred vision , as long as he has significant cataract with a good cornea and retina, I think you must confidently go ahead with the surgery as adviced.
Many eye hospitals are there in and around Mumbai, but I would suggest you to find the best nearest one in your locality,to make it convenient for travel during the time of surgery and further post operative visits with your eye doctor.
Nothing wrong in taking a second opinion, and nowadays most of the cataract surgeries are without sutures and with Phaco technique,less time consuming and faster recovery.

Good luck with your hunt and hope your father gets a wonderful post op vision. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor