Suggest ways to quit smoking

my son was into drugs for 5-6 years.now he is not taking drugs.but he does not hate it.he wants to work but cannot concentrate,after leaving drugs he has become chainsmoker.that is the reason he does not have friends.he is always alone.we r all the time with him but he does not like it.he is on risdon plus&sizopin 25 mg once a day.he is 29.we want him to work &become responsible.he does not value money & spends a lot.heis very sensitive.if we get angry he will do more.if we tell him nicely he will listen but 4 short period.beacause of medicines he has put on weight.that makes him more depress.he is tall & very handsome.we want him to become normal without medicines.
Sat, 7 Jun 2014
Fro your narration of risperidone and clozapine medicines I guess he is suffering from schizophrenia.90% of schiz patients smokes, as nicotine and substances are acting as medicines in them.You didn't mention which drugd to which he was addicted. But yes his smoking can be reduced or stopped with counseling and bupropion and propranolol under medical supervision.For his occupation comfort, I can't tell exactly. But please understand that if he has schizophrenia , you can not move forward without medicines. I can give better explanation after details only.Or consult your treating doctor for guidance.