Suggest ways to loose weight

Im a diabetic im watching my weight since march haven t lost a pound nned to lose 10 15 pounds by oct my daughter is getting married I watch what I eat and drink water w lemon all the time it is discouraging my stomach is bloated looks like im pregnant I take insulin shots and take 300 mg invokana
Fri, 26 Jun 2015
Diabetologist 's  Response
Hi

If I were your treating doctor would have first screened you for the control of diabetes

If your HBA1c levels were within 6.5 to 7 then would have considered different medications than Insulin(Metformin etc)

One of the main reason for people putting on weight during Insulin administration is because Insulin is an Anabolic harmone
When you take insulin, glucose is able to enter your cells, and glucose levels in your blood drop. This is the desired therapeutic goal. But if you take in more calories than you need to maintain a healthy weight — given your level of activity — your cells will get more glucose than they need. Glucose that your cells don't use accumulates as fat

The following can help you in controlling your weight

Have check on Calories
Dont Skip Meals
Physical Activity - Walking or Exercise for 45 minutes daily
Take insulin only as directed
Have your HBA1c levels checked every 3 months

This should help you to reduce weight

Wish You Good Health

Dr Sridhar K