• question-icon

Suggest treatments to boost memory

I have a learning disability due to high fevers as an infant. I was told that the hippocampus in my brain was damaged, and it makes it hard for me to remember things. Also, I was told that due to my urethra being narrow and not being able to pass urine caused me to have high fevers as an infant, Along with middle ear infections. Apparently I had it all. My question is, other than having to work harder in school to get the grades I need to pass, is there another way to make things a little easier for me to learn, and retain information? I will be 51 in two weeks, so im sure my age may have some thing to do with memory as well.
Sat, 7 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The information what you have learned have stored in hippocampus.

As such there's is no drugs for memory recovery. but regular exercise and keep on learning may helpful.

vitamin b12deficincy and thiamine also may cause memory improvement.

please consult your neurophysician he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.