Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

155 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment to remove palpable nodule in urethra

I am Rahul, 27yr, Suffered from tubercular epididymo orchitis 4yr back & treated with ATD. There is a palpable nodule on the urethra which was painful at the time of diagnosis. There is no problem with micturation. But when erection occurs i appreciate that sensation is reduced due to the pressure effect. Sometimes i feel like a pin prick when glans is touched, I ve consulted with urologist but Dr. told that no need to worry about that. But it causing impotent to some extent due to the pain, i want to remove it, what i ll do??
Thu, 16 Aug 2018
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is small nodule and it can happen after an episode of epididymitis. You can get it removed through an endoscopic procedure. It’s a small procedure and can be done with in thirty minutes. Consult a urologist and he will direct you accordingly.

Wishing you good health.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Have had pain in urethia for several weeks burning pain before but now gone doctor gave me two lots of tablets for bacterial infection still pain there also stomach swollen and pain on right side dont feel very well have had appendix also got one ovary left

doctor1 MD

Hi... ok... here it goes.... When I was 11yrs old, I had a bike accident. From 21yrs old on, I have had multiple procedures to deal with my urethra stricture. 5 yrs ago, I had surgery. From that point on, I have noticed that my perineum tends to get swelling when I get an erection. The swelling begins before the erection begins and lasts longer than the erection does. It does not usually hurt. My last procedure was in 11/13. It was a dilation. This Morning (6:30am), when I ejaculated it was v. painful... after I could not urinate, when I tried it was v. painful (tried 2xs 8am, 10am). The pain lasted a while (usually my painful urination stops when the urination stops, for some reason the pain today lasted between 30mins for the first urination and an hour 30minutes plus for the second). At 10:30am, I took a cab to the emergency room... during the ride, I noted that my perineum was still swollen and I had to hip sit and I also had to walk bow legged into the hospital. (the head of my penis was also hurting). At 12noon, I was able to urinate a little (dribble stream with pain). At 1:30pm, I again urinated but the flow was less, pain was same. I believe that perineum was still swollen but it was not on my radar. I told I would have to get a Suprapubic catheter and had decided to have the procedure the next morning. While I was waiting to get admitted, at 3pm, I urinated and my flow normal (my normal) and with pain (still my normal). I also noticed that the swelling in my perineum was also gone. I decided against the procedure. I have urinated once since being home. It was again my normal flow. Am I crazy to connect the two and any ideas on why it is swelling. I spoke with one of the urologists and he didn t seem to think they were connected. In truth, I have never brought the topic of the swelling up with any of the urologists I have worked with over the last few years because it never occurred to me. We are now talking about a urethra re-construction but if this perineum thing is contributing to my urethra problems and could be fixed with a less intrusive procedure... (and buy me some time)... that would be great... again thanks...

doctor1 MD

Our good friend was born with a hole in his belly that he urinated from. He went through numerous surgeries to correct the problem. They built a urethra and moved his genitals back in place where they go. He is now 37 years old. His last surgery was in his teens and has no problems until this last year. His urethra has collapsed and he has been living the last year with a tube coming out of his stomach to release urine. He is having problems with infections. No one knows what to do to help him. He also has problems with his sphincter. They don t know where to turn. He is willing to be a guinea pig or a teaching case. He just wants his life back. He leaves everyone scratching their head and saying it is such a complex case. I know that I am giving you a very narrowed down summary of his condition, but just want to know if ANYONE can help.

Recent questions on  Epididymitis

doctor1 MD

I have had pain in my right testicle for two months. It is slightly swollen. I assumed it was because of my small inguinal hernia that I have had for years. I just saw a doctor who thought it could be epididymitis so I am taking antibiotics and an anti-inflamatory medication. I also saw the hernia surgeon and he thinks the inguinal hernia is small but recommends surgery on the umbilical hernia. Would an umbilical hernia cause pain in my testicle? I have a small (pea size) bulge above my belly button. The pain there is tied to the pain in my testicle and can persist for a month or two. It feels like a rope is tied between the two. If I push on the umbilical hernia I sometime feel pain to the tip of my penis. It is getting better now, either because of the medication or just due to time. I can't decide whether to do an umbilical hernia surgery. Part of me wants to wait and see how the antibiotics work, but I also would like to just get

doctor1 MD

I don't believe in masturbation on religious grounds. According to my doctor I have epididymitis. He told me to masturbate to remedy to epididymitis? is doctor ordered masturbation correct? Are there better or any alternative's to epididymitis treatment?

doctor1 MD

My doctor that is treating my condition (Epidiymitis) TOLD me to masturbate. I would prefer not to. From everything I've read about my condition (Epididymitis) masturbation only aggrevates my condition. What should I do, should I report him to the Board of Urologists? What can I do? I am 52 years old, 5'8",170 lbs, Single, I am not sexually active. I have been deemed medically disabled because of my bad back (2 bad discs), bi-lateral carpal tunnel syndrome, recurring ankle inflammation, and bi-polar disorder.

doctor1 MD

hello sir

i am 25 year old fast from 8 months i have testis pain.

in the month of august 2010 i had minor pain in right testis then pain increase slightly

i was consult the urologist they told me normal problem and advice for some pain killer

medicine that time in prescription writen as

if i take tablets no pain in testis there is no pain in testis after 2 weeks again pain started

again i consult same doctor he suggest for injection. after some days i don't have pain

after 3 months again same problem i consult another doctor he also gave me some medicines and told me to wear inner garments tightly that time told him to my testis hangdown and pain in testis the problem was not solved

1. blood test was done -normal result

2.urine test was done-normal

3. testis scan done-normal (ultrasound)

problem not solved again visited another doctor

he advice for me plan C.T scan that also normal result

then doctor didn't understand he advice me to contact another spealist

i went there and i told the all things they advice me for some tests

1. uroflowmetry

2. urethra x-ray

3. urine culture

4. then inserted fiber-optic its not cystoscopy test i don't know test name

then doctor advice me take tablets for 15 days

the tablets are primox and nafodil 50mg

but it also not works

now also i have pain in right testis in the epididymitis sever pain

also both testis squeezing pain and testis hang down some times

what should i do know

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me sir

doctor1 MD

my son who is 27 years old says that every time he stands , walks or sits up his testicles hurt like a pain on the inside and it will only go away when lying down.he has been having this issue for the past year and a half but now it is worse, he...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with epididymitis about six weeks ago. I had several shots, and took Cipro . It seemed to be cleared up. Yesterday, pain in my right scrotum and groin returned. Last night, the pain was so severe that I could not sleep until about...

doctor1 MD

My son an some kind of infection called Epididymitis . He has taken Ofloxacin which did not rid him of the infection. He does not have health insurance. Is their an cheaper alternative drug available to treat that infection? The Ofloxacin cost...