Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
149 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment option for hemorrhoids

How do you get relief from hemorrhoids which are too big to operate at the moment. Have been to the hospital and was told that I have to wait for surgery because it is too big . Was given pain relief which constipates, so it is a vicious circle. I am in agony and desperate for help.
Wed, 21 Oct 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
I have read your query and understand the problem.

Treatment of piles depends on its degree.

If it is 1st or 2nd degree piles then it can be managed conservatively means without surgery.

You might require topical steroids like anovate cream,oral antibiotics (ofloxacin with ornidazole),antiinflammatory,antihistamines and laxatives or purgative if constipation with other supportive treatment like hot seitz bath and avoid oily,spicy and non-veg diet with high intake of dietary fibers like salads.

If it is 3rd or 4th degree means partial or complete rectal prolapse then surgery is the best way to get cured with all above conservative treatment.

Consult general surgeon for further advise.

I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello sir ,this dhanapal, i am 30 years old. For the last two years i am suffering from piles and some times i can feel some white color liquid...