Suggest treatment for wrist injury

i hurt my left wrist 3 to 4 months ago and now it makes a popping sound when i turn it left and right. i also can t pick up heavy things like at school i couldn t pick up a table without it hurting and i can t hang on the monkey bars otherwise i will be in pain. i have seen the doctor when i had the accident and they said it was a really bad sprain but i think it was a torn ligament or something. when i go to see the therapist do you think they would give me a cast or would i have to have an operation or something. its really bad and i also had a cricket ball hit my left wrist on the bone which swelled up so do you think it is weaker and could that add to the same problem as before. i am a child so my bones aren t fully developed so do you think that would effect me left wrist.
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

To know the exact status if your wrist joint we need an MRI SCAN of your wrist to know that what degree of a sprain you have, is there any fracture when you were hit by a cricket ball.

As 4 months are already passed there is no point to get your wrist plastered or get it splinted now.as you are a child so you have a lot of potentials to repair of whatever injury you have had before, I personally feel that it should not have any future consequences.

Now start taking physiotherapy sessions; take calcium and Vit D supplements; give hot fomentation; do a range of motion exercises; take painkillers when needed; get MRI scan done.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Jaideep Gaver, Orthopaedic Surgeon