Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
133 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for wheezing problem

Sir, My son's age 12.5. He facing the wheezing problem for the last 3 to 4 year for the months of December & January. What is the permanent solution for this. Please advise what are the step taken future..If any please advise. S. Nagarajan Tambaram
Mon, 19 Jan 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi S.Nagarajan,

I am sorry for the situation your son is in.

As he is having wheezing problems for the months of December and January, it might be due to upper respiratory tract infections during these months of winter.

I advise to consult with a pediatrician pulmonologist to rule out pulmonary issues.

Next, I advise to run blood tests to check for deficiency of vit.D and/or anemia.

Hope it was of help!
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

HI, I have wheezing problem which is immense in the morning when i get up. Its fine if i take citrizine. Doctor advised me inhaler which i took for...