Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
131 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for vertigo

Hi I'm serena, I went to see a ENT specialist yestoday and he said it's my jaw that's causing the pain in my ear, but my jaw it self is not herting and every time I hear a high pitch noise like a alarm or. high pitch beeps I get a pain in my ear too like it is senstive to the sounds, please help as I work in a job with thease noises and stay off work much longer thanks
Wed, 4 May 2016
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain it seems that hearing high pitched beeps in ears along with earache and also sensitivity to sounds does not seems to be due to jaw joint problems but it seems to be Tinnitus and can be due to causes like:
-Ear infection.
-Perforated eardrum.
-Excess ear wax accumulation.
-Eustachian tube dysfunction.
-Meniere's disease.
-Acoustic Neuroma etc.

I would suggest you to consult an Otolaryngologist and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and investigations like Audiometry, x Ray MRI can help in diagnosis and treatment can be done accordingly..

In case if ringing does not resolve then you can be advised medicines like Tricyclic Anti-depressant like Amitryptiline, anti anxiety medication like Alprazolam, as well as Multivitamin supplements can be advised..
White noise devices can be advised..
You can also be advised Neuromodulation..
Avoid exposure to very loud sounds and also avoid diving, swimming etc.

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

sir with due respect that my ten years son is suffring from virtigo on his right check just near the ear. we used two medecines mometasone furoate...