Suggest treatment for ventricular septal defect

My sister is 69 and the doctors just diagnosed her as having a hole in her heart after what they call a mini stroke and a blood clot in the neck. Why would the hole in the heart just now show up? What will they do to prevent another incident? What does it take to close the hole in the heart if that is what they decide to do?
Wed, 17 Jul 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

I would like to tell you that structural heart disease generally needs surgical correction via open-heart surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist