Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection

Hi I was recently diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection. I was put on a 5 day course of antibiotics which I finished. Then the infection was not gone yet so I had a urine test and it was still present. I was then put on another 4 day course of antibiotics, but the infection has still not gone. Can you give me some advice?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  7
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Urologist 's  Response
In case of persistent infection, either u r irregular with the medication like inadequate dose or irregular timing. If ur compliance to drug is satisfactory, look for the cause of persistent infection...can be obstruction of urinary tract, pyelonephritis, stone disease. Treat the cause and u can possibly get rid of infection. Get ultrasound KUB.
A 3rd possibility, u might be suffering infection from two different organisms or a resistant one. in that case u need to change antibiotics or add one.
Answered: Fri, 21 Apr 2017
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor