• question-icon

Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence

I have been peeing excessively. I went to the immediate care and they thought I either had a bladder, uti, or kidney infection. They gave me a 5 day antibiotic and it is now day 3 and I am still feeling exhausted, bloated, peeing a lot, and getting headaches. What could this be??
Fri, 9 Aug 2019

Urinary incontinence is common among with women after 50 and usually is caused by urinary infections or weakened the pelvic floor. This is also a common and often embarrassing problem. If overreactive or incontinent bladder affects your daily activities, don't hesitate to see your doctor. For most people, simple lifestyle changes or medical treatment can ease discomfort.

It is treated with specific medications, pelvic floor muscles exercises, electric stimulation of behavioral treatment and in most cases this is adequate for incontinence control. If cystitis is a cause as a bacterial infection then it must be treated with antibiotics. Surgical options are reserved for severe and intractable cases.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon