Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
168 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for urethral stricture

i had surgury for a stricture 3-4 years ago. I am not sure what kind of surgery I had but it required a catheter for a week afterwards. That was so miserable. The stricture has seemed to return. after about 2 years. n I have lived with it since and I really dont want to do the surgery again. It is not fun to feel a little bit of stinging as well as a week skinny stream of urine. compared to after the surgery anyway. I am only 28 I do not have cancer or any other diseases. I am sure this is a stricture. iT feels very deep, like the base of the penis. that is where the restriction starts and i feel like my urethra in the penis has become narrow as a result but the stricture is in the base. Is there anything new in this treatment outside of surgery. I will not go under the knife again for this so if there are any measure I can take to help this I would appreciate it. thanks
Fri, 9 Jun 2017
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  
General Surgeon 's  Response

There are so many treatment options available for urethral stricture like cystoscopic internal urethrotomy, urethral dilatation, self-intermittent catheterization, Oral molecules in form of urinary antibiotics, antispasmodics, antifungal molecules, urinary alkalizers, thiazide or potassium-sparing diuretics, and others are non-specific.

For figuring out any of the modality you must have first the precise level of stricture documented anatomically through ascending urethrography report (not verbal narration by our feeling).

I strongly recommend to get a fresh ultrasound and AUG report done and consult with the reports. I assure you to guide in the best possible manner without undergoing any blade part.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My Age is 68. I am Male. I have been undergone for Surgery for Urinal Stircture through Systoscopy. The surgent was done three times. Last surgery...

Recent questions on  Urethra

doctor1 MD

just a slight itch in the urethra from time to time but a clear liquid comes out even when im not aroused or ejaculating. not alot but a tiny drop...

doctor1 MD

I have red bumps around the urethral meatus that are irritated. I have been exposed to someone with HPV warts and I am afraid that's what these...

doctor1 MD

while playing at playground i fell flat on my face.. and felt slight pain at my urethra. It was ok for three to four hours but after that it...

doctor1 MD

hi i have a question, me and my wife have been trying to concoeve for 4 years, no ovulation tracking or anything but just no protection, we went...

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr I have diabetes and cholesterol Gerd and ibs Urethal stenosis. I pass slow urine or sometimes it gets blocked. Sometimes it is normal. Dr...

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after...