• question-icon

Suggest treatment for united bone of 1 inch after surgery

Hi, I got a Femur Bone Fracture by an accident 8 years ago. It was a fracture at neck of femur cum shaft which was implanted by nails and screws. After one and half months of surgery the screws came out of the bone and removed by the same hospital cmc vellore. After that the fracture got united but with a bone contraction of around 1 inch. Is there any way to correct it except shoe raise?
Wed, 27 Nov 2019

The bone contraction that has happened can only be corrected surgically with a lengthening procedure that can be risky too. A shoe rise is a simpler way of correcting it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon