Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for undescended testis

my nephew is 2yr old now , he had microphalus and undescended testis since birth, sonography revealed both testes in the inguinal canal ,one is smaller than the other ,his wt and ht is appropriate for his age, his general condition is good , no other relevant problem, passing urine as usual, what is the ideal treatment for his condition , with regard, Maha.
Thu, 5 Nov 2015
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Brief answer:
Needs immediate surgery.

Detailed answer:
Hi, welcome to HCM.
In your child, there is microphallus and both testis are undescended and are in inguinal region, this will need immediate surgery as undescended testis may lead to complications in future. It can lead to carcinoma.
I suggest you to immediately go for surgery for undescended testis.
I hope this will help you.
Wishing your child good health.
Take care.
Dr Deepak Patel, MD Pediatrics
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have undescended testis from my childhood (when I was seven days). My right testis is just above the scrotum and now I am face direct inguinal...

Recent questions on  Cryptorchidism

doctor1 MD


I had testicular torsion and one testes was removed..i m about to fix the other testes...And i am a bisexual..i could not control having fun...

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. I am 32 and want children. I was born with with both testicles undescended. I had surgery when I was 12 years old to correct the problem....

doctor1 MD

Sir my son is born with undescended testicle and hypospadias. and for this me and my hubby have already consulted the doctor and for undescended...

doctor1 MD

I'm 28 years old and feel like I am thinking through cotton wool. 6 years ago I had my T checked and it was low then (I was having Erection issues)...

doctor1 MD

My name is XXXXXXX I am 27 years old I am male and when I was born I had cryptorchidism . U have been having unprotect sex with 1 person for 4...

doctor1 MD

Hi my name is XXXXXXX Cream, when I was 14 I had an operation to have my right testicular taken out of my pocket snipped from the core, place the...

doctor1 MD

my child is 13 years old now . but XXXXXXX is not grown .why ? what may be the problem ? if any hormone deficiency is there ? it can be corrected