Suggest treatment for underactive thyroid

I was diagnosed with having an under active thyroid, I gained 25lbs and now weigh 195lbs and I am 5 9. My doctor refused to treat it he just said if I walked more and watched my diet it would go away. I have tried walk in clinics and they tell me I need a family doctor but I have not gone back to the first one in 2 years as he refuses to help with any issue I ever had. I found a site for synthroid online, would that help? I can t find another doctor that can take me on as a patient.
Fri, 13 Feb 2015
Hi
Thank you for writing to Health care Magic

The condition of underactive thyroid is called as hypothyroidism.
This condition can be diagnosed by blood tests in the form of thryoid hormone levels.
This needs to be treated by the use of thyroid drugs.
Do consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Hope this is helpful to you. Do write to me for further questions and I will be happy to help.

Thank you