Suggest treatment for typhoid fever

hi I had suffered from typhoid fever 3 months back and had taken medication of levoflox tablet and was cured within 5 -7 days and recently had loosemotions last week and made blood test and the typhi infection in the report shows positive but doctor says its not to worry as the bacteria will stay in stomach for 6montsh and gave ofmac 0z tablet for 3 days.... should I take alternative medications or is it ok the dilutions found in blood report is 1:160dilutions of typhi
Wed, 25 Mar 2015
Thanks for using HCM.
I am Dr Rakesh Sharma answering your query.
I can understand your concern.
Widal test is antibody test, it does not show presence of bacteria.
It can be found 1'160 dilution even if the live bacteria is not present, because of previous infection.
If you are symptomatic then only it has some relevance.
It has to be correlated clinically.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.