Suggest treatment for twisted stomach

My mother was Dx with a twisted stomache a couple months ago and surgery was not an option due to a heart condition she was eventually released and has been able to eat small meals. She is back in the hospital again for the same reason and once again they are discussing surgery. If she does not get the surgery whaT will eventually happen? Will it cut off her blood supply? She won t be able to eat anymore? She is 83 yrs old.
Wed, 15 Sep 2021
Pulmonologist 's  Response

If she will not do the surgery than she will not be able to eat. Probably she will get liquids from a gastric tube for all the entire life.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Jolanda Nikolla, Pulmonologist