Suggest treatment for tooth pain

Hi, I recently had an exterpation of pulp on my top incissor tooth. I am going to have a root canal done on it soon. The dentist said the pain should subside in a day or two and It has now been four days and my tooth is still really painfull. Should I worry?
Tue, 21 Oct 2014
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
The pain can be because of the remnant infection in the root tip. Nothing to be panic, take a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin and metronidazole for 5 days and analgesics like diclofenac. Later you can get the tooth treated with root canal treatment. Mean while get the root canal irrigated or cleaned with saline or hydrogen peroxide. It may take 5 days for the pain to come down.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.