Suggest treatment for swollen scrotum and hardening of epididymis

Hi, my cousin who is 25yrs has been suffering from some persitent headache despite visits to the hospital several times. He has tried medicenes like Optalidon,paracetamol, Pinoplex and many more. Yesterday he called me in his room to show me his swollen scrotum which he said has happened for a year now. The scrotum has a hard vein-like thing like a rope joining the testicles to the body of the penis. We are confused as to what else to do. So can you please help. Thanks
Wed, 11 Mar 2015