Suggest treatment for swollen lump on the hand

I had a lump on the top of my hand from a fall. It was all swollen. Went to the doctor to see if I broke one of my hand bones, which I didn t. Well now I have a lump half way up my forearm and it hurts. I have been rubbing it all day and the lump on the top of my hand is gone. I have put an ink mark on the lump on my forearm cause I am wondering if it is from my hand and traveling. Am I over reacting
Thu, 22 Nov 2018

Your symptoms seem to be related to ganglion cysts. The cause is unknown, but it is thought that small tears are created in the tendon membrane.

Usually, the cysts go away by themselves without the need for medical treatment. Treatment options include surgery or draining the cyst with a needle.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician