Suggest treatment for swollen forehead after injury

Hi! my one year old fell and hit a rock with his forehead (right at the hairline). It wasn t a hard fall as he halfway caught himself, but it put a dent about the size of a nickle in his head for a few minutes. He seems fine, not much crying and such, and its starting to swell a little. Should I take him to the ER or wait and see how he does?
Wed, 29 Oct 2014
Hello. I just read through your question. Because he didnt lose consciousness at the time of the injury, there is very little concern for serious head trauma. The next thing to look for Is vomiting within the first 24 hours. As long as this does not happen, there is no cause for worry. An ER visit is unnecessary.