Suggest treatment for swollen eye

My son has had a bad cold for over a week. During this time is has been running a fever between 100-102 and a constant cough. Now the fever is gone but his right eye is almost swollen shut. He went to the doctor yesterday and he tested negative for influenza. The doctor said we will just watch his eye as it was a little swollen yesterday. How long should I wait to take him back to the doctor? Should I take him to the eye doctor?
Mon, 23 Feb 2015
HI
Well come to HCM
If this is single eye swelling then this may not be due to any systemic disease but chances of insect bite could be very likely, if condition worsen and does not come around within couple of days then you need to see the eye specialist, infection would be matter of concern, hope this information helps, have a nice day.