Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
147 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for swollen eye

yesterday i got a tiny but caught in my eye. and it hurt so bad. today the discomfort was low but it has been more irritable as the day has gone on...i looked in the mirror and now ive noticed that my caruncala is swollen...what should i do? should i be worried?
Thu, 11 Dec 2014
Report Abuse
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to Health care Magic.

I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having swollen eye involving the caruncle. This can be because of inflammation of the caruncle and it is called as carunculitis. The treatment of this condition is by the use of antiinflammatory drugs and by steroids in non responsive or in severe cases.

Hence I advice you to consult your ophthalmologist for examination and treatment accordingly.

Hope this is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.
Thank you
With regards
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Over the weekend I fell down a flight of stairs, my body hurts a little bit but my eye is the worst. Its swollen and I have rug burn on my face, is...