Suggest treatment for swollen clit after sex

Hi recently I had rough sex and as soon as we were done my vagina lips were swollen along with my clit and hurt to touch. This was about 7 days ago and the swelling of my lips went done but not my clit. My clit hurts really bad to touch and when I pee it burns. What should I do!? I can t even lay down the way I want because it hurts so bad
Mon, 2 Sep 2019

The skin of your vagina, labia and clitoris is much more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your body. Women can develop skin irritations from soap, laundry detergent or even maxi pads. There is no way to know if your irritation is from the soap you used or from the vibrator itself, but the treatment is the same.

Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is sold as anti-itch cream over the counter and can be used externally on the vulva. It should reduce the swelling. If the area hurts, putting ice wrapped in a towel to the area should also reduce the swelling.

I hope i was able to answer your question today and that my advice was helpful. If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon