Suggest treatment for swelling in fractured area

I broke my fibula on Oct 29th - non displaced lower fracture about 4 inches above the ankle. I have a ankle brace now but have noted increase swelling and pain over the past week to the fractured area. SHould I be concerned about compartment syndrome? I have been full weight bearing and wear my walking boot at home as it is more comfortable.
Tue, 12 Nov 2019

In compartment syndrome passive stretching of the muscle causes pain out of proportion, do check for numbness or paralysis over affected area.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parkavi Gunasekaran, General & Family Physician