Suggest treatment for swelling and severe shoulder pain

Hi...I have been having pain in my Rt. Shoulder meaning that it hurts to do simple things such as pick up a cup of coffee...Sunday my right hand between my first two fingers became very painful for no apparent reason...It felt like I had a broken knuckle or something not to mention not a lot of strength. Yesterday I woke up and the same hand was visibly swollen. Still hurt but not quite as much. Today I woke up and the swelling has gone down quite a bit but it s still swollen. I have been diagnosed with some arthritis in my neck and I have degenerative disc disease... Please help, I m worried..
Fri, 6 Sep 2019

I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. The symptoms you are experiencing (pain in your left shoulder which comes round the top of your breast area) might be related to - muscle strain - radiculopathy (irritation of nerves in the cervical/thoracic spine level).

It might be due to inflammation (arthritis) or compression of the nerve root. Further examinations by spine X-ray and MRI and consultation with a neurologist are needed to identify the right cause.

Meanwhile, I advise to: - take otc pain killers to reduce pain and inflammation - keep massaging the neck and thoracic part of the spine - apply warm clothing locally - take multivitamin supplementation containing vit.B complex, Ca, and Vit.D.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Iven Romic Rommstein, General Surgeon