Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
165 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for sunburns on the face

I am 38 years old. My skin is so sensitive. I have combination type my cheek skin type is sunburnspots and oily. I am going to skin specialist. he advised me ultra Sunban SPF using it from four month. Still not any better result. give me a suggest pls
Thu, 13 Jun 2019
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query, you have sunburns on the face which can lead to redness and blisters on face due to damage caused by ultraviolet (UV) rays.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you apply cold compresses 2-3 times a day or wash your face with cold water. You should drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. You should apply petroleum jelly to the affected area. If the condition doesn't get better in 2-3 days then consult a dermatologist for proper examination and rule out causes like a skin infection or allergic reaction. The doctor may prescribe steroid ointment, antibiotics (clindamycin) or vitamin C supplement for quick recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari, Dentist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I got a pretty bad sunburn on my face and after the plane ride back home, my forehead started to swell. It s mostly swollen between the...