Suggest treatment for strep throat, sore back and black eyes

My 21 yr old daughter tested positive for strep throat 1 1/2 days ago.Her BF woke up this AM with a sore back and black eyes in addition to the sore throat that started yesterday. He hasn t been able to get in to the doctor. Is this a case where he should go to emergency? Thank you kindly.
Mon, 31 Aug 2020

Strep throat is a bacterial infection which if left untreated can lead to many complications. A cycle of antibiotics is needed to treat the infection. I also recommend to use anti inflammatory medications to relieve the inflammation. Gargling with salty water can help the sore throat. I also recommend to drink a lot of liquids.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician