Suggest treatment for stiffness and pain in the hands and knees

My doctor told me what kind, and said its because of my cartledge is wearing downgrade in my knees, but I think she also said something like acl, the wrong initials, can u help me and also my hands all of a sudden crap and stay stuck and totally stiff and it s painful what s that? Thank you, XXXX
Mon, 9 Sep 2019

ACL is an acronym for anterior cruciate ligament, a structure in the knee. So, probably the doctor suspects that you may have injured this ligament.

As for the stiff and stuck fingers, if this is only in the morning and lasts less than 30 minutes, it may be related to osteoarthritis (similar to what is happening in your knees with the cartilage being worn off).
If the stiffness is longer than 30 minutes and especially if your fingers are swollen, hot or red, this may be rheumatoid arthritis and you should see your doctor soon to have the proper tests and treatment.

I hope this answers your query. I remain at your disposal in case further medical assistance is needed.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj
General and Family Physician