• question-icon

Suggest treatment for stage 4 breast cancer

hi my aunt has stage 4 breast cancer metastasized in liver, lung and bone, she is going for a clinical trial similar to Herceptin (she is HER2 3+) with paclitaxel. But the doctor does not want to start her with chemotherapy because her sgpt is high at 220 ..... what do you suggest we do??? we are losing time and i feel her doctor is quite slow in making her decision.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017
A stage 4 breast cancer patient should not be hurried with too. As her liver is diseased and so heavy chemo might not be possible.

But she definitely needs chemo adjusted as per her disease.

Do get a second opinion and start er on chemotherapy.

If she is fit and healthy physically then chemo needs to bw given.

If the patient is alreay bedridden etc then chemo needs to be given with a bit of caution.

What is ER PR status?

thank you