Suggest treatment for spinal cord compress left side and numbness

Dear sir, my wife is 36 years old she has suffering from nervous problem since from 1994. she can not walk,sit and stand more than 10 to15 min.as per MRI test spinal cord compress left side in L4,L5. She has numbness left side since from 10 years. Is there any good treatment for this problem without surgery?
Thu, 12 Dec 2019

Since she is having numbness & can't walk, sit or stand for more than 15 minutes, she needs urgent medical attention. There are various factors that cause her discomfort, these should be assessed, clinically examined, detected & treated.
1. If it is a tumor compressing the spinal cord, it is treated with radiation therapy to shrink the tumor / surgery.
2. Physical therapy (to strengthen the muscles of the back & leg, etc) may be effective.
3. High dose steroid treatment save nerves from getting further damaged.
4. Medicines & NSAIDS help to reduce pain and swelling.
5. Vitamins B6, B12, minerals, folic acid rich food or supplements help to reduce further nerve damage and reduce numbing.
You are suggested to get your wife examined by a Neurologist & get treated at the earliest. She may require surgery depending on the severity of the pathology detected.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K, General & Family Physician