Suggest treatment for sore throat,ear ache and swollen neck lymph nodes

I am a 46 year old female with a sore throat, mainly on left back side of throat (behind left tonsil). There appear to be white sores on that part of the throat and I have an earache in my left ear. I was seen by my GP on Tuesday pm and began a course of Amoxicillin that night. It s now day 5 or 6 (depending on how you count the doses I ve had) on antibiotics and I have no relief. The symptoms change a little some days -- yesterday it was the uvula that was swollen and the day before it was the right side that hurt, but the day I saw my doctor, it was the same pain I have now on the left side, but I also had more neck/lymph node pain then. Am taking 2 advils and it s not helping pain much. Had strep test before I saw my dr. at local urgent care that came back negative but my son had strep a few weeks before so the doctor thought he d treat as my symptoms indicated potential strep/sinus issue. Worried ...
Tue, 23 Jul 2019