• question-icon

Suggest treatment for shoulder pain

HI, I AM SUFFERING WITH SHOULDER PAIN[ WRIGHT] FOR LAST FOUR MONTHS .DOCTOR TOOK X RAY.HE TOLD ME AS I AM 60 PLUS ,THERE IS LOSS OF LUBRICANTS IN BETWEEN JOINTS,WHICH CAUSES PAIN.HE ADVISED ME TO TAKE NUCOXIA 90 ,WHENEVER THERE IS PAIN.I AM PLANNING FOR MRI.
Wed, 4 Dec 2019

I agree with your doctor that the symptoms can be related to the loss of lubrication in the joint. A MRI can help with the diagnosis.

Meanwhile, I suggest applying ice packs every few hours to reduce inflammation. I also suggest using over-the-counter medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or naproxen (Aleve) to help relieve the pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
General & Family Physician Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi's  Response

The symptoms can be related to the loss of lubrication in the joint. I suggest applying ice packs every few hours to reduce inflammation.

I also suggest using over-the-counter medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or naproxen (Aleve) to help relieve the pain.