Suggest treatment for shortness of breath in night

Hi, when I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet or early in the morning I feel like it s a bit harder for me to take oxygen in. I try to relax and take deep breaths and that s how i fall back asleep, is this normal to feel like this?
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

Shortness of breath at night only can be due to one of the following reasons:
- Cardiac problems usually cause breathing problems on lying down. Hence you should consult a Cardiologist for complete clinical cardiac check up as well as ECG, Echocardiography and any other tests. If anything is found then the proper treatment will give you relief, further management to be continued as per Cardiologist's opinion.
- Allergy, the problems in bedroom can be due to allergens in the form of dust, molds, mildews, synthetic clothes, mites and so on. You nee to dry-clean all the material, stop the allergens with wall treatment.
- Treatment will be as per the cause found in addition to the precautions you should take.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon