Suggest treatment for shingles on the buttock

I have shingles on right buttock extending to anus and perineum. Have been on Valtrex for a week, but still very painful in one spot near rectum. Now I am getting considerable skin sensitivity on right side of chest. Could the shingles be spreading to the chest after this long a time? Also, my doctor said to use polysporin to ward off any infection. I use this plus lidocane ointment. Any other suggestions? Please advise regarding skin sensitivity in dermatome other than sacral.
Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Hello respcted,

herpes zoster (shingles) can affect multiple dermatome, but for that the patient should be comorbid .If patient is immunocompromised than there is chance of spreading to different part of body.

another thing it could be is shingles with abberant vesicles, in which because of high viral load there is viremia (virus spread through blood) and can affect other adjacent body part.

so in my opinion continue antiviral for at least 10 days.

Thank you