Suggest treatment for sharp pain all over body in diabetic patient?

I m a 60 year old male. I m diabetic, have been for years. Recently I was put on Novolin R insulin to go along with the 24 hr insulin. About a month after bI started the injections of Novolin R my skin started to feel like tiny electric shocks or pins and needles poking it. This pain occurs all over my body. I get sharp pains in my legs, arms, top of my fingers and toes. Sometimes it s so bad that I can t sleep at night. What is happening to me and what can I do about it?
Mon, 14 Jul 2014