Suggest treatment for severe toe pain

I m very active outdoor type and the other day I was standing in my living room took a step and severe pain in the big toe where it joins the foot started in. It lasted about 20 minutes then gradually went away, now the severe pain is gone but its sore.
Thu, 26 Feb 2015
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I have studied your case and I think that this foot pain can be due to soft tissue injury or sprain. If there is only soreness than you can apply ice and take Brufen tablet for pain relief.
If there is increase in pain than I would recommend you to get x ray and serum Uric acid as there is chances of development of GOUT.You need to see physcian in this situation.
I hope these steps will be helpful. let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks