Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
171 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thigh and groin area

I have pain upper inner thigh and groin area feels like deep stabbing, I can barely walk to the end of my driveway and back, my legs as the pain increases feel like concrete and legs ache. I ve been to 3 specialists and all 3 (ortho surgeons) state I have fluid in my hip joints and moderate arthritis in hip joints, but I think it may be a nerve damaged in front abdominal area, I have had MRIs , X-rays, sonograms and multiple X-rays where they found nothing and I was told at 46 I just have to learn to cope with it, I am not settling for that...I think something else is going on. Any suggestions?
Mon, 8 Apr 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Please refer to a neurologist. They can order a lumbar + sacral MRI to visualize nerve roots supplying this region. Moreover, a specific MRI study called MRI-neurography could be done to better visualize nerves supplying the thigh. It is a highly specialized examination. In your case might be worth the shot though. Based on the findings a better therapy plan could be issued.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ahmad Nazzal, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had a cyst lanced two days ago on upper right thigh at groin. I still cant walk without severe pain and my leg and groin are swollen. I am on...