Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
194 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe pain below the ribcage

A 40 y/o male presents severe pain on his left side and back below the ribs. He describes the pain as spreading to the lower abdomen and groin and comes in waves that fluctuate in intensity. He has painful urination and brownish foul smelling urine. He reports a persistent urge to urinate and urinating more often than usual along with nausea and vomiting.what is he diagnosis with
Tue, 23 Jun 2015
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear Patient
Your symptoms indicate infection in or around kidney on left side. The basic way to proceed is to get urine examination done along with USG o kub region. Kindly discuss your findings so that we can discuss on treatment.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have been getting severe pain right in between my chest where the rib cage is every 2 months. At first I thought it was something I ate but it...