Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
198 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe pain and numbness in scrotum

hi, im 18 years old, 177 cm high weigh about 67kg and im in (sortof) perfect health. about a year ago i felt a sever pain in my scrotum followed by great nausea. it passed about 4 or 5 hours later. latley ive been having numb pains in my testis and i started reading and found out about testicular torsion. is it possible that a year ago i had a lose of a testis and have not known about it? is look sortof ok right now (regarding shape and size) but its really decended. so im not so sure if its ok, and if it is dead, would it decrease size by now? wont it cause gangreen poisioning? im really looking for an honest opnion, no suger-coating
Mon, 8 Jul 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Sexologist 's  Response

If its torsion testis it would be severe pain and surgery is the only option. Another cause of scrotal pain which cause chronic pain is
1. Epididymitis, Kidney stones, Urinary tract infection

Doing an ultrasound abdomen and scrotum will help you diagnose.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. S.R.Raveendran, Sexologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have type1 diabetes which has been uncontrolled for quite awhile. 2years ago I started getting numbness in my right hand and arm. Well it just...

Recent questions on  Testicular torsion

doctor1 MD

I hit my testicles tubing On the lake and now there is just an annoying pain in one of them and it hangs a little higher. I am scared it is a...

doctor1 MD

hi, im 18 years old, 177 cm high weigh about 67kg and im in (sortof) perfect health. about a year ago i felt a sever pain in my scrotum followed by...

doctor1 MD

I have went to the urologist for right testicular and perineum discomfort about a month ago, i had a testicular torsion when i was younger. I was...

doctor1 MD

My son has only one testicle (the other was undesended and had to be removed when he was 6, he is now 11). This morning he woke with acute pain in...

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my...

doctor1 MD

my son who is 27 years old says that every time he stands , walks or sits up his testicles hurt like a pain on the inside and it will only go away...