Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe muscle spasms

I have had frequency accompanied with spasms. Was sent by my gynecologist to a urologist. I have had several tests done CYSTOURETHOROSCOPY, CMG W/ voiding pressure studies, ELectromyography, CYSTOURETHOROSCOPY with Fulgration. It has helped with the frequency but I have had pain since the procedure was done 4months ago. The pain starts when I put on my shoes or socks get in or out of the car walk to much. It is effecting my quality of life. Heat helps some I use heat at work to get through a day. I have no diagnosis. Urologist says its muscle pain out of his field. Pain worse than spasms. Need help.
Mon, 28 Jan 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

As a first line management you can take analgesics like paracetamol or aceclofenac for pain relief.

If symptoms persist, it is better to consult a physician and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Sure. Thank you. My 60 y.o. wife has been taking Norco 5 325 mg 3-4 times a day for the past week. She s been suffering from severe muscle spasms...