Suggest treatment for severe knee pain

Hi. I was having some knee pain and I went to the dr (family) yesterday. He sent me for x-rays and just thought it was oesteoarthritis. He prescribed some anti- inflammatory medicine. Today I was trying to do some walking exercise and something in the back of my knee popped. I could barely stand up or put weight on my leg. Luckily I was able to get to my car and get home. I called the Dr but did not hear from him. It still hurts like crazy and I can t straightenit or bend I. Should I go to the ER? And is tomorrow morning alright?
Tue, 12 Feb 2019
Oncologist 's  Response

Do use "RICE." Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) is good for knee pain caused by a minor injury or an arthritis flare. Give your knee some rest, apply ice to reduce swelling, wear a compressive bandage, and keep your knee elevated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Esmeralda Sera, Oncologist