• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe headache which spreads side now?

Hi, I ve always suffered with ice pick headaches but for the past month or so have been getting sharp pains in the side / rearside of my head. They last longer than a few seconds, go off for a bit and then come back on again. It has been going on all day today and I also have a metallic taste in my mouth. Should I see my doctor?
Wed, 31 Jul 2019
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response

The answer to your question is yes, I think too that you should see your Doctor.

This because there is a change in the headaches nature.

Ice-pick headaches sometimes may be associated with other headaches types such as migraines, sinusitis related, etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical