Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
135 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe hair fall

I noticed about 2 weeks ago my hair coming out in large amounts all over my head. I or my wife has always cut my own hair with personal electric clippers. So tonight I cut my hair with clippers short and my wife notice at least 8 spots on the back of my head that were bald, the sizes were from dime to a lime. ????
Fri, 30 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response

The bald patches are the lesions of alopecia areata. Consult the dermatologist for the pefect diagnosis and proper treatment. It is an autoimmune disease of unknown cause. I would recommend you to apply tacrolimus lotion on the bald patches for long time. Take immunomodulator like levamisole 50 mg tablet daily. Your doctor may give intradermal steroid injection in bald patches to get good result.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi, I am a57 year old female I have been losing hair gradually over a period of several years, but now the problem has become severe, and there is...