Suggest treatment for severe hair fall

I noticed about 2 weeks ago my hair coming out in large amounts all over my head. I or my wife has always cut my own hair with personal electric clippers. So tonight I cut my hair with clippers short and my wife notice at least 8 spots on the back of my head that were bald, the sizes were from dime to a lime. ????
Fri, 30 Aug 2019

The bald patches are the lesions of alopecia areata. Consult the dermatologist for the pefect diagnosis and proper treatment. It is an autoimmune disease of unknown cause. I would recommend you to apply tacrolimus lotion on the bald patches for long time. Take immunomodulator like levamisole 50 mg tablet daily. Your doctor may give intradermal steroid injection in bald patches to get good result.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist