Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe fungal infection

Hi. I have been troubled by a severe fungal infection for the last years. It gets cured till the time I am applying medicines but recurs as soon as I stop. It is in my inner thighs, my stomach, buttocks, right leg, near the knee joint It is like a red rash like a ringworm of sorts. It is itchy esp during the night. I have been to so many dermatologists but to no avail. I have applied creams like Onabet, Betnovate-Gn,candiderma mixed with Tenovate M cream, Lobate M etc. Different dermatologist have suggested oral medicines too like fluconzole tablets, Tyza, Hyphoral etc. the area of the infection has increased and now it keeps happening to the same area. This has made my skin very thin as if it is burnt and wafer like. Recently I noticed a few of these red rashes on my inner thighs having puss.This is the first time and I am scared. I am currently just applying Betnovate-GN as it is cheaper than others. I also tried camphor mixed in coconut oil but no benefit. Please help on an urgent basis.
Fri, 4 May 2018
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response

As per your case history of fungal infection, my treatment advice is -
1. Maintain good hygiene and bath twice daily.
2. Apply an antifungal cream like clotrimazole cream twice daily on the affected skin.
3. Take an antihistamine medication like levocetrizine twice daily for 7-10 days.
4. Other treatment options are oral fluconazole, itraconazole, and terbinafine taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harshit Bhachech
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, At first which specialist doctor should i consult for penis infection?, I have had the infection like small red patches 3months back for...

Recent questions on  Skin rash

doctor1 MD

my 9 year old son woke up with a skin rash small little bitty bumps on his forehead and th next day they came all overhis face and on his arms....

doctor1 MD

Hi Please help ! My 5 year old child has 2 days ago started with a swelling all over her Face and is very Red and hot but no Fever. Also her...

doctor1 MD

I keep getting these rashes sort of like prickly heat. first my skin gets hot and then I rash and get so itchy its also will be on 1...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have a strange rash that appears at no giving time but mostly shows up on either sides of my shoulders, back, chest, upper legs and buttock....

doctor1 MD

I have pain and swelling under my upper arm on both sides. I am 70 female.

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and...

doctor1 MD

I am getting skin rash after taking Bactrim. Hands, feet. Should I take Benadryl?