• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe fungal infection in the groin area

I have severe fungal infection in the groin area.I have this problem for over 2 years. I am not diabetic.About a month back on the advice of a skin specialist i took a week's course of Sporanox(itraconazole). the infection vanished only to reappear after 15 days. I repeated the course this time with canditral (itraconazole) The problem stopped. again I have the infection back last 3 days.Red patches.sporadic small small pus blisters.The infection area is widening and spreading to the penis.Any help pls
Wed, 20 Jan 2016
Hi i understand your concern very well.
You have tinea fungal infection of groin.
We will start treatment and then to prevent recurrance ,we will take preventive measures.
continue Itraconazole tablet along with use clotrimazole containing cream.
Apply cream over affected area along with cover sourrounding normal 3 to 4 cm area for cream application.
When you get relief for preventing repeated fungal infection take following advise.

The Groin area should not remain wet after bathing.Clean it properly and allow to dry.
Use clean underwear and change it daily.
Use your own towel.
Do not share towel with others.
Use warm water for bath.
This will surely help you.
With best regard.HCM.