Suggest treatment for severe diarrhea in an infant

Hello My daughter is 7months she is having loose foamy stools since 10days and due to which rashes in the bum. Initially doctor said she is lactose intolerant and hence stared lactaze in every feed and suggested stool test. Test results shows pus cells 35-40 and he has now suggested Zifi 50mg along with Zincogut. Is the medication fine?
Wed, 12 Jun 2019

As per your history, it may be due to stomach infection.

Continue breast feeding.

He may require complete hemogram, stool analysis after pediatrician consultation.

Watch for dehydration symptoms like dry skin, decreased urination

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician